Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Our First Day of Work

Today was our first day of work with the Fuller Center in a town outside Vanadazor. We were poring cement to make the roof of a home. Thus far it has been one of the most rewarding days of my life. Even though I know we are only completing a fraction of the work that has to be done at this home, I felt like we were actually making some sort of difference. We are getting to know are teamates better, forging a bond with the Armenian family we are working with, and making a positive impact in our own lives. Even tough each person was only passing buckets of cement to the person in line next to them as a whole we created a successful chain of labor. And though this may sound corny, I thought we learned a lot about the value of teamwork. We learned each others strengths and weakness and trusted each other enough to be honest about how hard we could push ourselves.

At the end of the day everyone was tired and muscles were starting to ache, but we were tired in the best way possible. I feel great and happy and like all the homesickness I was feeling dissapted with the work I did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment