Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day -1 / Anuj

So tomorrow is the big day. I have been extremely blessed to have the opportunity to represent Mercer University and the Mercer Service Scholars on a Mercer on Mission trip to Armenia and Georgia.
This is a little new for me in multiple facets. Its my first mission based trip and my first blog. I'll try my best to post over my next three weeks. How bout that iPhone. Should make life a little easier.
For these next three weeks, my Service Scholar group will be embarking on a mission trip to Armenia and Georgia, working with the Fuller Center and Evangelical Baptist Church. We depart tomorrow for Poland where we will spend a couple days before heading off the Armenia. My class and I had spent the last couple days at Mercer getting ready for this trip. Dr. Grant and Dr. Drake went over various aspects of the history of the location, what to expect, how to conduct ourselves, and most importantly, methods of thinks and asking questions to gain the most out of our experience.
Man, I glad the departure date is already here. Packing sucked! Most of my bag is filled with donations for children. My parents and I went to Wal-Mart and put together little kits for them, containing pencils, crayons, paper, etc. Mostly stationary with coloring books. I'll post some pre-departure pictures. On that topic, I'll be posting multiple pictures on the trip. Again, thank goodness for the iPhone.
Guess I'll call it a close here. Flight tomorrow at 8 am. Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment