Friday, August 12, 2011

Reflections from Georgia

Georgia has been an amazing experience thus far. On Thursday we went white water rafting. It was an interesting experience to say the least. Though the scenery was absolutely beautiful, the language barrier between us and our guides created a challenge. Today alone we visited the convent St. Nino worshiped and is buried. St. Nino was responsible for bringing Christianity to Georgia. Then we went to the village where Bishop Merab's family lives. After arriving at his house and meeting his family we ate a big feast and played with his children. It was interesting to see how different city life seems to be from the village world. Tbilisi is a very energetic, youthful city while the village seems like a slower more peaceful way of life.

Tomorrow we will have a free day where many of us plan to visit a flee market. I think many others plan to visit the public baths. It is lining up to be an exciting, relaxing day. At this point I think most of us are ready to head home. I never thought I would get tired of traveling overseas, but I miss my house and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment